In the fall of 2018:
- I had a skin condition the dermatologist could diagnose and medicate, but there was no known cause or cure.
- I had a long standing problem with my digestive system, nausea, diarrhea, etc… a problem that no doctor had been able to help me with, even with extensive testing over the course of a number of years.
- I had stubborn belly fat that I could not budge no matter what I did. The doc told me to stop eating a candy bar after each meal (even though I didn’t actually eat a candy bar after each meal).
- I was diagnosed with arthritis in my 30’s and I would wake up tired and had to force my weary body to move in the morning.
The test to discover that I had pemphigus foliaceus was nearly $1,000, so that’s what I assumed an “expensive test” was. I was wrong.
I repeatedly tried elimination diets. One time we were invited to dinner at a friend’s home, and they served food I knew didn’t agree with me, but I ate it to be polite. And then I had to start all over again with my elimination diet. Thing is… some of the approach I took turned out to be the wrong approach, but I didn’t know. I was trying to avoid dairy, not knowing that I was more allergic to almonds than dairy – that almond milk had to GO! A family member actually asked me: “So what aren’t you eating this time?!” I realized I had not been successful at figuring it out on my own.
I was reading a blog of a friend who had taken a food sensitivity blood test online and avoiding those foods made a real difference for him, so I visited EverlyWell.com to have a look. Then I made the purchase in November, 2018 using his link, and that way I got 20% off the price of the test.
5 Things I Gained From Getting Tested:
If you want more information, here is the long version of how I got started.
21 Minute Video
- When my health care providers couldn’t help me, I learned that I need to be intentional about my health. It’s nobody’s job but mine.
- 4:41 I was following a guy who took the food sensitivity test and some little pesky stuff cleared up for him – and I took note of that because I was dealing with some pesky stuff as well!
- 6:49 At his recommendation, I checked out EverlyWell.com and found that they have a food sensitivity test.
- 7:40 What it’s like to take the test. Yes, it’s an at-home blood test. Hilarious!
- 9:44 I put off taking the test because I was afraid it would hurt, or that I couldn’t do it. (Hint: it did hurt – but it was not nearly as annoying as the health concerns I’d been dealing with!!!)
- 10:55 I got the results back and started to read… the results were surprising!
- 13:30 Cleaning out my kitchen.
- 13:40 1 week later I no longer needed to take Benaydryl daily.
- 14:40 My top allergens include…
- 15:08 This has changed my life, I haven’t needed a Prednisone prescription since I stopped eating the foods on my list, and that’s huge! I hate that stuff!
- 15:28 If you use my link, you’ll get 20% off. There are two tests – one is $159 and the second test is $259 and includes DNA sequencing. I used the cheaper one and found it very helpful!
- 16:52 I discovered that if I have a food intolerance to something – like almonds – that I can’t have it on my skin either. I used to use sweet almond oil, but it makes my skin go nuts. (See what i did there?) So if you’re avoiding foods on your list, make sure that you are also avoiding those same ingredients on your skin.
- 17:47 It is your health we are talking about, and you deserve to be well.
- 18:45 EverlyWell.com has a very interesting selection of medical testing available.
- 19:30 Taking care of ourselves is part of living an intentional life, and you matter!
After a year:
And here is the long version of the changes I saw at the one year mark:
33 Minute Video
- I’ve lost about 30 pounds without trying.
- 1:45 Making adaptations because of my list.
- 3:31 I expected to feel a sense of deprivation as I stopped eating those foods, but that hasn’t been the case overall because of what I have gained.
- 6:01 My skin improved dramatically right away, enough that I could go off daily doses of Benadryl. The skin condition is not 100% gone, but dramatically improved.
- 7:39 I never feel deprived at home, I have great alternatives.
- 9:09 Going to my first wedding after finding out my food sensitivities…
- 10:59 We have some work to do helping people understand that food intolerance isn’t someone just being high maintenance, though of course there are those.
- 12:07 Talking with a chef about food intolerances.
- 12:55 As a retired restaurant owner myself, I offer some helpful information…
- 15:37 Here are some tips on how to approach eating out.
- 16:22 How about the spouse of the person with the food intolerance…
- 18:20 The hardest restaurant for me to visit is our Indian restaurant where I can’t tell what is in the food.
- 19:44 I have lost 30 pounds and my weight has found a new and very stable plateau.
- 19:54 I have more energy.
- 19:58 I have no digestive problems now.
- 20:19 At the time I took the test, there was some stuff in the news that questioned the validity of these tests. However, in my experience it worked wonders!
- 23:50 The responsibility for finding something on a menu that I want to eat is still mine, don’t put it on the server or chef.
- 24:25 Going out to eat with friends, dealing with deprivation, going prepared.
- 27:58 Mindset is everything!
- 28:50 Taking a moment to pray for you for healing.
This offer is for you if you have been struggling with:
- fatigue or feeling tired <—that was me!
- feeling bloated after eating
- gastrointestinal distress <— YES!
- stomach pain
- indigestion <— also me!
- skin conditions <—- ESPECIALLY this one!
This is not for you if:
- you don’t want to save money with at home medical testing.
- you are the picture of health, and never feel poorly after eating.
- you would rather take medication than change your habits, even if you discover that you do have a food sensitivity.
- you love the size you are.
I was shocked when I saw this photo of myself with my brother at his son’s wedding. And check out the size of my arm in the publicity photo above. I wasn’t that big, but I didn’t feel good.
I am so happy to find my trim body again! I actually feel good now! I’m so blessed by the transformation in my life that I keep an eye out for people that might be struggling with the same thing I was.
If that’s you, then please…
The test is $159, and with this 20% discount, it’s only $127.20. Learn more…
From my heart, I believe that you deserve to be well. This will help.